Sunday, June 25, 2006

Some early work


This is my largest horse that I have.

I painted this one to be a young dapple grey Arab.

I will paint your favorite horse, just send me a photo to work from.

The eyes are glazed with a crystal tone glaze and fired to cone 04.

The Buddha is Hoitei, The Laughing Buddha. He stands just over 18 inches. His belly is double glazed with a Mother of Pearl.

The rest of him is painted with acrylic and metallics. (oh and I glazed his eyes and toenails too!)

Both can be in the Garden but need to be over wintered in a sheltered spot.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that horse is pretty. I have a friend who has four or five horses. I will turn her on to your site.

11:34 AM  
Blogger thehealingroom said...

Thanks Heather,

The exposure will be much appreciated.

I feel inspired to put a couple of more photos up now.

: )

9:00 PM  
Blogger Billy Guilfoyle said...

Buddha rules, and the laughing Buddha doubly rules!!! Nice going on that one!

2:44 AM  
Blogger thehealingroom said...

Thanks Billy!
He is a great reminder, isn't he?

8:51 AM  
Blogger **Ya Think** said...

I enjoyed your photo's. You do absolutely beautiful work.

5:29 AM  
Blogger thehealingroom said...

Thankyou Rainbowsister!

What a great name you have. I will come check out your blog.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Experiencing the horses in real life engulfs the witness with so much love and tenderness. There is quite a unique energy emerging from these "enchanted" creatures. Thank you so very much Jennie for all you do~

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home